Search This Blog

Friday, September 11, 2015

Andre Ayew named Player of the Month for August


Keep in mind that Swansea City signed Andre Ayew on a free transfer.

The 25-year-old attacking midfielder was named Barclays Player of the Month for August on Friday after tallying three goals and one assist through his first four Premier League appearances.
"It's a great feeling, but this award comes from hard work and support by the whole squad," Ayew told Swansea's official website. "It's more of a collective award rather than an individual award because we've worked very hard from preseason until now.

"It shows there is a lot of quality and determination in this team. The most important thing for me is the unity and team spirit we have shown. The guys have really helped me by telling me how the league works and by giving me confidence to do what I can do. I can work even harder and do more.

"If we continue in the same way a lot of our players can pick up awards, but what is important is that Swansea continue to win games."

Swansea is entering the fifth matchday of the season undefeated and sitting fourth in the league table.

No comments:

Post a Comment