Search This Blog

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Floyd Mayweather Wins Against Manny Pacquiao In Epic Fight


And we have a winner! Three months after Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather, Jr. signed on to duke it out in the ring, Floyd Mayweather came out on top in the epic May 2 match-up.

The first 5 rounds of the fight were a close call – with Manny rocking Floyd in the fourth round with a vicious hook that dazed the champ and forced him into defense on the ropes.

However, despite Manny’s attacking stance and Floyd’s clever defensive work it was ‘Money Mayweather’ who landed more clean punches.

And at the end it was left to the judges’ decision who decided unanimously that Floyd was the deserved winner.



The fight was just as intense as expected, and the men certainly didn’t disappoint after months of building up this moment. The duo sealed the deal to spar on Jan. 30, after weeks of rumors that a fight would be happening.

And the audience was packed with celebrities, including, of course, Mayweather’s biggest supporter, Justin Bieber, 21, Beyonce and JayZ, Evander Hollyfield, Diddy and fans alike. Ahead of the highly-anticipated evening, it was estimated that Floyd and Manny would make $100 million each for going at it.

“The fight will sell itself, which is a great thing,” Floyd said during a March 11 press conference. “[Manny’s] doing a lot of media, talk shows, which is great. I prefer him to do it so I can train.”

Justin Bieber: Why He Won’t Sing National Anthem At Mayweather Fight
Justin was there to lend his support, but, he turned down an opportunity to sing the National Anthem before things started up.

“Floyd has asked Justin to do the National Anthem, but since everything has been so last minute with this fight, Justin doesn’t really want to do it,” an insider told reporters. “He just wants to be in Floyd’s corner and enjoy the night, so he passed on doing the anthem.”


What did you think of the fight? Are you surprised at the results?



What the guys said after the Fight

Here's Manny Pacquiao:
It was a good fight. I got him many times I saw the punches. I thought I won the fight. He is moving around, it is not easy to throw a lot of punches. I can handle his power. He is not strong like some others. He's not bigger than me, the size doesn't matter, I have fought bigger guys.

Here's Floyd Mayweather speaking, to a solid chorus of boos:
First off, I want to thank God. I want to think all the fans around the world. This was a hell of a fight. I take my hat off to Manny Pacquiao, now I see why he is one of the guys at the pinacle of boxing. I am truly blessed. Manny Pacquaio is truly blessed. I am a calculating fighter. He is a tough competitor. I had to take my time with him. My last fight is in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment