Search This Blog

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Meet Eternal a Nigerian Producer/Artist Based in South Africa



Eternal Chima Mbamara popularly known as Eternal is a Nigerian producer/artist based in south Africa. He is the 1st child of five born to the royal family of Mr&Mrs Mbamara from IMO state Nigeria.

He is a graduate of Parasitology and Entomology at Nnnamdi Azikiwe University, Certificate of Achievement in audio industry, In-house Audio training/MTV Network Africa.

I knew Eternal some years back, at some point we became co-workers at Studio 3:16 Onitsha Anambra State before he travelled to South Africa. Bigtymerbitz crew met up with him and he was humble enough to grant us an interview....


Interview Session with Eternal...



Bigtymerbitz: What's the inspiration behind the brand name Eternal?

Eternal: The inspiration behind the brand name Eternal is from God,and the gift of life he has given to mankind Actually John3:16 tells it all

Bigtymerbitz: When did you start your musical journey?

Eternal: I started as a kid, born in a royal family with lots of traditional music and musical instrument surrounding me so I picked up interest and started learning how to play all the available musical instrument I could lay my hands on.

Bigtymerbitz: How long have you been into music?

Eternal: I will say when I was a kid but I went professional like 12 years ago.

Bigtymerbitz: What type of music genre do you prefer?

Eternal: I am a fan to all genre.

Bigtymerbitz: What inspires your work?

Eternal: I believe the creator put the inspiration in me so I just get inspired naturally. Another factor that inspires me is love, I don't mean the "pop love" but pure love.

Bigtymerbitz: Musically, who are your mentors cause I want to believe you don't just have one?

Eternal: I had mentors at different stages. As a teenager; Majek fashek, fugees, Eminem, Michael Jackson. As an adult; classical musicians, Rock band( Linkin park and evannesence), Kirk franklin, Fred Hammond, R.Kelly.Salif keita and many more.

Bigtymerbitz: Who is your favorite artist?

Eternal: Currently, I have no favorite artiste. I see music as one.

Bigtymerbitz: You might find the next question am about to ask you very uncomfortable but I will like you to give me a direct and honest answer. Which of your songs is your favourite?

Eternal: MmmmmmmH! a highlife song on my album titled LOVE.

Bigtymerbitz: What does the name Alex Okosi means to you?

Eternal: Alex Okosi is the Senior Vice president and Managing director of Viacom media Africa(MTv, Mtv base, Comedy central, VH1, Nickelodeon and BET Africa) He is the man who brought MTV to Africa. Alex Okosi was very vital in my music development. I was a recipient of MTV network music production training program sponsored under his Office. He was the one who brought me to South Africa to enhance my musical skills.

Bigtymerbitz: What kind of music are you into, is your music focused on any particular genre or you doing the general thing?

Eternal: Afropop/Hiphop but generally music with a touch of African elements.

Bigtymerbitz: Can you mention some of the projects you've done?

Eternal: During my My training program under Mtv Networks, I was introduced to Director of Native Rhythm in Johannesburg Sipho Sithole, where I was a co-composer for Isabel Novella album project. After my training under MTV Networks Africa, I became the music and sound expert for Influence Africa where I Composed and produced music for documentary films for United Nations, African Union, African Export, Import Bank, Gauteng Vision 2055,Open society initiative for Southern Africa/The Network of African Human rights.
I have also worked with George Munetsi the anchor of the show Georgie in the Afternoon in Kaya fm 95.9, I produced a song titled New day where I was featured for the Official Zimbabwe/Nigeria Collaboration.

Bigtymerbitz: Enlighten us about your latest album.

Eternal: I released my first album in 2011, titled "Walking on H20" and it hard 19 tracks on it under my label 1st class records in Nigeria.

Bigtymerbitz: Second album on the way?

Eternal: I am busy working on my second album.

Bigtymerbitz: Give us a tip bit on what to expect from your second album.

Eternal: My second album....mmh! just watch the space, Nothing to say for now.

Bigtymerbitz: How far are you willing to go with your musical career?

Eternal: Music is part of my being so I will go as far as eternity.

Bigtymerbitz: When will you say you've gotten to the apex of your musical career?

Eternal: I don't think music has an apex because we learn every day.

Bigtymerbitz: I know every single lady that is reading this interview will like to know your marital status, so tell them. Lol

Eternal: I am not yet married Lol.

Bigtymerbitz: Are you engaged or in a serious relationship? Hmm...

Eternal: not yet.

Bigtymerbitz: What's your advice to every upcoming artist out there?

Eternal: Keep on improving and remain humble.




Remember to like Eternal's fan page on Facebook: I like Eternal.

Follow him on Twitter: @Eternal1stclass


Click on this link to listen to Eternal's favorite song titled LOVE


Watch IBD One by Eternal


1 comment:

  1. I knew this dude, didn't know he was royalty

    ReplyDelete